Skip to main content

Hi everyone, 

Did you know that today is National Fitness Day? 🏋️️‍♂️ 

It’s the perfect day to get inspired to get out of the house and exercise before autumn comes. Whether you're a fitness newbie or a seasoned pro, your insights could inspire others! 💪

• What do you do to stay healthy? Do you have a particular routine or activity that keeps you in top shape?
  • What are your favourite sports? Whether it's a classic like football or something unconventional like rock climbing, share your passion with us! 🏀🏄‍♀️
  • Your best health tips? From nutrition advice to wellness practices, we want to know what works for you. 🥗
  • Best song to exercise to? Music can be a game-changer during workouts. What's that one track that always gets you pumped up? 🎶

Drop your thoughts in the comments below! Sharing is caring, and who knows? You might just find a new workout buddy or discover an amazing tip that transforms your fitness routine. 💬

Have a fantastic day! 🌟

One thing I try to do is, whenever I have a longer video/recording to watch or listen to for work, I get on my elliptical bike and watch/listen it there. This is a hack I use to get some exercise while still working at the same time 😎 

@Mariusz Janas nothing feels more productive than that 2x1 productivity hack, I can certify it myself!! And both tasks become less boring, time goes by faster. 

I have been considering getting an elliptical because since I live in Wales running outside is not really an option, which one do you recommend me?

I’ll answer my own questions myself, because sharing is caring 😉

What do you do to stay healthy? Lots and lots of walking! I try to hit 6,000 steps on a work day and 10,000 steps on a free day. I also lift weights. 

What are your favourite sports? Swimming and walking/running. I recently moved and lost access to a pool and I miss it. I also like going paddleboarding. 

Your best health tips? Nothing new: drink more water and less Diet Coke, go to bed early, less (or none) doom scrolling. 

Somehting a bit more original is that when I have some days off (let’s  say a bank holiday and a week off, I prioritise exercising as much as a I can, to compensate for all the time I spend at my desk/sitting down. I work out for longer, take longer walks, simply because I can. Makes me feel more balanced. 🤷🏻

Best song to exercise to? Run boy Run by Woodkid, Run by One Republic (yeah I can see the patern 🤣), Runaway by Linkin Park, En feu by Soprano, Club Foot by Kasabian and anything by Dua Lipa. 

@siva-ramakrishnan and @pauloamgomes I know you guys have a lot to say about this topic!

This reminds me that I really need to do better.

I keep promising myself that I’m going to kick on my fitness, especially with the colder months approaching and spending more time inside.

I’m just an average joe, but my health top is the reminder that we can’t out train a bad diet. Eating right is probably one of the most impactful thing we can control regarding our health… Personally, I tend to eat right, but my portion control isn’t great. I mean does anyone know how to portion pasta correctly?

Fave sports? I love watching (and talking about) sports. But in terms of staying active, I try to keep things simple and walk as much as possible.

When I’m in the gym, I find that i can stay on the exercise bike twice as long if I watch a YouTube video or TV show. I find that it offers me a better distraction than music alone.

One thing I try to do is, whenever I have a longer video/recording to watch or listen to for work, I get on my elliptical bike and watch/listen it there. This is a hack I use to get some exercise while still working at the same time 😎 

This ☝️

This reminds me that I really need to do better.

I keep promising myself that I’m going to kick on my fitness, especially with the colder months approaching and spending more time inside.

I’m just an average joe, but my health top is the reminder that we can’t out train a bad diet. Eating right is probably one of the most impactful thing we can control regarding our health… Personally, I tend to eat right, but my portion control isn’t great. I mean does anyone know how to portion pasta correctly?

Fave sports? I love watching (and talking about) sports. But in terms of staying active, I try to keep things simple and walk as much as possible.

When I’m in the gym, I find that i can stay on the exercise bike twice as long if I watch a YouTube video or TV show. I find that it offers me a better distraction than music alone.

I also have to do better!! Work, kids and life in general get in the way 😅  Any plans to tackle fitness this autumn? Maybe we can be accountability buddies 🤔

Plans? yeah loads.

Will these become a reality? Erm… over the past few months, I’ve been inconsistent at best.

Your inspiration and accountability is always welcome!

Plans? yeah loads.

Will these become a reality? Erm… over the past few months, I’ve been inconsistent at best.

Your inspiration and accountability is always welcome!

It’s settled then!! 😎 Let’s motivate each other this autumn.