Skip to main content

Hello everybody! 

The Olympic Games will be starting in only 3 days and I thought we could have a little fun here in the Community. To celebrate, we are hosting our very own competition with a Word Search!!  

There are a total of 27 words hidden in the grid below, related to the Olympics. They can be in the grid horizontally, vertically or diagonally.

Do you think you can find all 27 words? 🤓

Rules of the game:

To give everyone a chance to participate, please guess only 1 word per post and wait until someone else has guessed after you before guessing again.

Include the “coordinates” of the first and last letter of the word in the blue frame so I can confirm where you found it (vertical A-T, horizontal 1-20) - for example, if I find the (made-up) word “RAU”, I would post RAU in D13-D15.

I'll post some updates periodically so you can see what's been crossed and how many words are left to find.

Good luck! 👍 

MASCOT in A1-F1

@pauloamgomes correct! 🏋🏻🥇 What do you think of this year’s mascot?

For reference: 

Tbh I wasn’t aware of the mascot for 2024, for what I can see it symbolises freedom and revolution, so makes sense. The Phrygian cap seems to have very old origins - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

Tbh I wasn’t aware of the mascot for 2024, for what I can see it symbolises freedom and revolution, so makes sense. The Phrygian cap seems to have very old origins - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

There was a bit of controversy online but I like it, I think it represents France really well. Thanks for sharing the article, always nice to learn more. 🤓

PODIUM (R3-R8)

I understand that the Olympic mascots are supposed to represent positive messages e.g. unity, fairness etc which is great. However, I tend to think that it isn’t always clear what that message is by looking at the mascot.

PODIUM (R3-R8)

I understand that the Olympic mascots are supposed to represent positive messages e.g. unity, fairness etc which is great. However, I tend to think that it isn’t always clear what that message is by looking at the mascot.

Correct! 😎 Well done. By the way, who is your favourite British Olympian athlete Mark?

Correct! 😎 Well done. By the way, who is your favourite British Olympian athlete Mark?

As a kid, I was always a Linford Christie fan. Britain wasn’t as successful as it has been more recently and he was often a contender for 100m medal.

Since 2012, there are so many fantastic and inspiring people to choose from. Jessica Ennis-Hill is someone who comes to mind first.

EDIT: I have just remembered, I met Sir Chris Hoy (Cyclist) he was lovely and so generous with his time. So, i’ll choose him. 🥇

BRONZE! C18 - H 18 💪

As a kid, I was always a Linford Christie fan. Britain wasn’t as successful as it has been more recently and he was often a contender for 100m medal.

Since 2012, there are so many fantastic and inspiring people to choose from. Jessica Ennis-Hill is someone who comes to mind first.

EDIT: I have just remembered, I met Sir Chris Hoy (Cyclist) he was lovely and so generous with his time. So, i’ll choose him. 🥇

Ennis-Hill, being from Sheffield, has a special place in my heart too 😍 Amazing lady! Where did you meet Sir Chris? 

BRONZE! C18 - H 18 💪

Great job! 🏌️🏊🏼🏅 You might have guessed bronze but you get the gold medal from me! 

What sport is Poland known for in the Olympics?

BRONZE! C18 - H 18 💪

Great job! 🏌️🏊🏼🏅 You might have guessed bronze but you get the gold medal from me! 

Quite a few actually 🙂 We’re pretty good with all sorts of track and field sports as well as volleyball :) 

BRONZE! C18 - H 18 💪

Quite a few actually 🙂 We’re pretty good with all sorts of track and field sports as well as volleyball :) 

Amazing,you guys have won 302 medals in total! Poland is quite the powerhouse. 🤓 I’ll keep an eye on your volleyball team! 🏐

Where did you meet Sir Chris? 

It was years ago, he was sponsored by the company that I worked for and they arranged for him to do a meet and greet.

Honestly, he couldn’t have been nicer. His people were trying to rush him, but he just ignored them and spent extra time talking to the staff.

It was years ago, he was sponsored by the company that I worked for and they arranged for him to do a meet and greet.

Honestly, he couldn’t have been nicer. His people were trying to rush him, but he just ignored them and spent extra time talking to the staff.

That sounds brilliant! 😱 Love he wouldn’t be rushed, what a legend. 

Did you guys @pauloamgomes @Mariusz Janas @Mark  watch the opening ceremony? What do you think?

Did you guys @pauloamgomes @Mariusz Janas @Mark  watch the opening ceremony? What do you think?

Yes, I think it was magnificent and memorable.

Yes, I think it was magnificent and memorable.

I loved it too, particularly how they used the Seine for the whole event. I need a rewatch though, I missed some parts.