Skip to main content

Happy Thursday ladies and gents! 

So, summer is (almost) here. 😎 Well, we hope it is actually coming wherever you are because here in the UK there are no signs of it yet, just our classic combo of rain and clouds! 

But I digress, now that is getting hotter and the days are longer, what are you planning to do this summer? Are you travelling anywhere? Taking up a new outdoor hobby? Pottering around in your garden?

In my case, I love paddleboarding, so as soon as it stops raining, I’m getting on that board!

Share your plans in the comments! 

Dreaming about this while it rains in Wales

We’ve got some time booked in a cabin by the sea. And when I say cabin…… I mean it’s going to be cosy for sure. Def not luxury accommodation, but pretty decent location right on the beach.

It’s on the south coast of England. 

Which means it’ll rain, right?! 😅

@Marc that looks absolutely lovely. The perfect place to start writing a book or taking a really long, good nap. 😴 

Well, chances are it will rain, but I’m crossing my fingers for you! Maybe your holiday will be the exception to the rule and you’ll enjoy sunny, warm days by the sea. 🥂

In my case, I love paddleboarding, so as soon as it stops raining, I’m getting on that board!

@Lily that sounds like great fun. I’ve dabbled with SUP, it’s an ideal activity on a beautiful sunny day. I spent more time falling in than stood up, but that is all part of the fun.

I’m based in the UK, I’m originally from Manchester and now live near Edinburgh. Every few years, a handful of family members will come up to visit during the summer and we’ll all spend a few days at the Edinburgh festival - if you haven’t been, it’s so much fun!!

I’ve booked a holiday to Bucharest in September. Therme Spa is high on my list of things to do, but I’d love to hear any other tips the community may have.

Therme Spa

@Mark Budapest seems like a great plan! Have you been there before?

@Mark Budapest seems like a great plan! Have you been there before?

My first time!!!

I’ve seem some mixed reviews about the various Dracula experiences and I’m not sure my partner would be as interested in a ‘history of the Cold War’ tour. 😂

I do love a local food hall/market and any recommendations of the old town. I’m sure there’s so much more to see and do.

@Lily Do you have any fave city break destinations?

@Mark many! I love travelling.

Leipzig - small city, but with the most beautiful and underrated Christmas market.

Dijon - lovely food, gorgeous city, not super popular with tourists. 

Madrid - alternative to Barcelona, you need to try a cocido while you’re there and visit El Prado. 

Lisbon - views for days, and obviously the best pastéis de nata in the whole world!  😍