Recommend us a TV show!

Recommend us a TV show!
Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Community Manager
  • 38 replies

Does it happen to you that you feel like you’re paying for several streaming services and yet, you have nothing to watch? 😒

This keeps happening to me, so I'd like to ask for your help. 🙌🏻 Please recommend us your current favourite TV show (or you favourite TV show of all time, even better because we'd have several seasons ahead of us!).  

The best TV show I’ve watched this year is definitely Shogun. If you’ve always been fascinated by Japan and its culture or you like shows with lots of political intrigue, I 100% recommend it. 

Can’t wait to see YOUR recommendations! 👇🏼

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Three Body Problem
  • Fringe
  • Doctor Who
  • Agents of SHIELD

Plenty of episodes/seasons in all those!

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Three Body Problem
  • Fringe
  • Doctor Who
  • Agents of SHIELD

Plenty of episodes/seasons in all those!

Doctor Who is a favourite of mine! How are you finding the new season? I really like Ruby as the new companion, she’s wonderful.  

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll start with Fringe! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Excellent choice! Anna Torv is my hero 💙 She’s such a great strong female lead.  

Ruby is a an interesting companion, I’m curious to see what she really is 😉  But I have to say, Matt Smith is still my favourite Doctor, and River Song will always be my favourite companion. The Amy/Rory/River storylines were sooooo good!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Excellent choice! Anna Torv is my hero 💙 She’s such a great strong female lead.  

Ruby is a an interesting companion, I’m curious to see what she really is 😉  But I have to say, Matt Smith is still my favourite Doctor, and River Song will always be my favourite companion. The Amy/Rory/River storylines were sooooo good!

Matt Smith is my favourite Doctor too! “The Eleventh Hour” is one of the best episodes, it was the one who got me hooked. Trivia: Amy’s village is actually Llandaf in Cardiff and Roah Dahl grew up there. (I live in Wales and Dr Who is what everyone talks about, all the time!). 

Regarding Ruby, I think she’s related to the Doctor somehow. What’s your theory?

Userlevel 1
Badge

ZOMG - did you go to the Doctor Who Experience they had set up there back in 2016??? I’d JUST moved to NL and thought “I’ve got time, I’ll go later”.  And then it was gone :-(  

I think Ruby is something else - she can make it snow. I don’t think she’s TimeLord but she’s definitely not full human. I see a lot of theories that she’s Susan’s daughter.  But I think that’s too predictable. I’m pulling for another species!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Heather I didn’t because I only moved here last year, I was in London for 7 years prior. 😒 

Do you think Susan is the noisy neighbour?? Yes, Ruby is definitely not 100% human. 

If you love Dr Who you need to come to Cardiff, I ran into Ncuti Gatwa 3 weeks ago! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

SHUT. UP.  👀 Just on the street??!?!?!!! I definitely  need to get to Cardiff!

Userlevel 3
Badge

YES! Almost a decade in London and nothing, 4 months here and I ran into a Doctor. 🤣 

You should 100% come. And Snowdonia is worth a visit too 😁 (I promise I don’t work for the Welsh Tourism bureau) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

YES! Almost a decade in London and nothing, 4 months here and I ran into a Doctor. 🤣 

You should 100% come. And Snowdonia is worth a visit too 😁 (I promise I don’t work for the Welsh Tourism bureau) 

😆 Love it!! I only recently started exploring London more. Cardiff has been on my list for some time though, sounds like it’s about time to make it a reality finally 😀. If you’ve got any recommendations on the best part of Cardiff to stay, would love to hear it!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I love Guy Ritchie movies, so there's a TV series that is totally worth my time.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I love Guy Ritchie movies, so there's a TV series that is totally worth my time.

Love this show! A bit intense, but the dialogues are great.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Nothing too trendy, but I enjoyed them in the recent years:

• Gomorrah
  • Lilyhammer
  • Sorjonen (Bordertown)
  • Preacher

Currently watching:

• Occupied
  • Spy/Master

Userlevel 3
Badge

Nothing too trendy, but I enjoyed them in the recent years:

• Gomorrah
  • Lilyhammer
  • Sorjonen (Bordertown)
  • Preacher

Currently watching:

• Occupied
  • Spy/Master

Thanks for sharing! 

I really like the Lilyhammer one, also a great idea for a possible new nickname 😆😂

© 2024 commercetools GmbH - All rights reserved