Skip to main content

Hey team,
as part of my onboarding a couple of years ago I started to develop a custom merchant center application that helped me to understand how:

• Custom Applications work
  • How to deploy Custom Applications
  • How the commercetools Composable Commerce APIs function

Ever since we are using it in presales to do little things that the Merchant Center does not out of the box, e.g. like visualising “States” or “Types”.

Since “Sharing is Caring” we thought, we make it available for all of you to have a look at it and use it.

https://github.com/commercetools-demo/commercetools-visualizer

Be aware, this is just a repository, no support or maintenance promises are attached. This repository has nothing to do with commercetools as a company  except that the code was mainly created by people working for commercetools. 

Hi Philipp

This is great, very good to have it on our local, if we want to visualize, debug the store.

I see there are some issues in the app, it breaks on cart, shopping-list pages but it's a good start if we want to build something on top of it.

Hey @manish-sirvi ,

interesting, what node and yarn version did you use?
I just retested locally and on a colleagues machine and we were able to build the whole repository successfully using 

• Node v18.12.0
  • Yarn 1.22.22

I added the requirements for local development to the readme file as well.

Hey @Philipp Hofmann 

I mean the application is running but there are some small issues here and there.

for e.g. here if the variant doesn't have the image the page will break, it should be made optional.

Similar to this there are other areas too where it was failing to render the data properly.

Hey @manish-sirvi,

now I got you. You are invited to help and create PRs :)
Alternatively, feel free to create an issue here: https://github.com/commercetools-demo/commercetools-visualizer/issues

As I mentioned, it is a pet-project and very opportunistic when it comes to code quality. 

Hi @Philipp Hofmann 

I have tried to fix one issue, but it looks like I don’t have the necessary permissions to create a PR.

Hey @manish-sirvi 
i am not a github expert, but if you share your github handle with me, Ill add you as a contributor. I was expecting it to work ootb as the repository is public.

Philipp

Big shout-out to @manish-sirvi for creating a PR to fix my bugs 😎

Thank you!

Isn’t this one if the best parts of working as a developer?
When other developers fix your bugs?

Big shout-out to @manish-sirvi for creating a PR to fix my bugs 😎

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the shout-out! I am really enjoying working on this app. I look forward to contributing more and collaborating with fellow commercetoolers. Cheers!